Addthis is one of the world's most popular Social Bookmarking and sharing tool millions of websites use. It allows easy Sharing and Bookmarking for your visitors, the buttons are also very much customisable and you can also track your traffic and audience, so you can know who is sharing what content on your site by using its Analytics.
As we can see, I use it on this blog website. Enough of the description, let's get to know How we can implement this great tool to every post on our Blog.
There are so many ways of inserting it into your blog, but this one works just great
- First, go to the Addthis.com website, Choose the Style you want to use, and Click "Get This" pop up will tell you to register an Account, it's fast and free
- After registration, get and Copy your Code
- Now Login to Blogger, If you want your visitors to Share your website/blog homepage, simply go to to your Dashboard >> Layout >> Design >> From your Page Elements, Select Add Gadget, then Paste the Codes and Save, then choose a designated place where you want it to be on the blog home page.
- Go to your Dashboard >> Layout >> Design >>Edit HTML, tick Expand Widget
- Using CTRL+F on your Keyboard, Find the code: <data:post.body/>
(ii) If you want it above your posts, then paste the Addthis Codes, before <data:post.body/>
Incase you have plenty of this "<data:post.body/>" already in your template and don't know where to paste your Addthis codes, you can find <div class='post-footer-line post-footer-line-1'/>
Now paste the codes there using same instructions in (i) or (ii)
I guess you have put the codes right? Wait, Don't Save yet, Click Preview to see if it comes out well, if it doesn't then I suggest you Read from instruction one again, but if it showed up as expected, you can Save your Template.
If you experience any difficulties implementing this buttons to your blog/website site, we will gladly help when you drop your questions in the comment box.