Businesses who knew better than to simply put up a website, have it planned by skilled web designers, and put as much interesting and valuable content as possible know that SEO is essential in reaching out to as many potential online customers as possible. While SEO are done in different forms, one factor that can affect a website’s searchability in search engines is their web host
Finding a good and reliable web host can increase one’s exposure in Google and other search engines. Their influence on the website’s SEO can be direct or indirect and it is important for website owners to know these factors in order to be aware if their web host is still doing them good by improving their SEO or otherwise.
Here are the ways that a web host can improve the website’s SEO:
● Having a dedicated IP Address – For a website to be search engine optimized, it has to have at least one dedicated IP address. Having this will let the search engines know that the website is noteworthy and it is serious about handling huge traffic and answering to the public’s inquiries. Although getting dedicated IP addresses are more expensive than availing of shared web hosting services, the former can certainly provide better advantages when it comes to SEO.
● Having continuous hosting uptime – A website may be successful in driving traffic but if internet users are always clicking on the website that is always down, Google and other search engines will deem that website as unreliable and will be given the lower spots in their search results.
● Having better server speed – Search engines also recognizes a reliable website worthy of a good spot in their search results through the number of seconds that takes the web pages to load. Also, websites having pages that takes a lot of time to load will only drive away visitors which will decrease traffic and eventually, be deemed by search engines as unpopular. A reliable web host can increase the loading time of a website significantly.
● Being served by a reputable web provider - If a business wants to make the most out of their web host, they should choose one that has a good reputation since this will increase their searchability in search engines. Google and other search engines do not just look at the website alone in ranking them. They also check out who they are affiliated with and one of these is the website’s provider.
● Having a provider that has the same location as the target audience – One way of getting a website higher click-through rate and good SEO is by getting a provider that has the same physical location as the target audience.
Deciding to get a reliable and reputable web host for your website and email addresses is a good move not just to have an efficient website that will be able to accommodate huge traffic to the website but also, to have a good ranking in search engines’ results. Availing the services of the leading web hosts in the market can be more expensive but the return should be more profits on the part of the website’s owner, brought by having a good SEO.
This article was authored by Jaydeen Taylor from CenterNetworks, a company that aims to help individuals become well versed in social networking, Web 2.0, and social media.