The new Surface tablet from Microsoft is what everyone is talking about. The look itself is pretty impressive, but there is so much more to come from Microsoft’s first attempt in the tablet market.
The new tablet from Microsoft is due to be released in the autumn and everyone is talking about it. This is a first for Microsoft as the Surface Tablet will be their first attempt in this specific market. It is a breath of fresh air already as the look is not in keeping with the other tablets out there and to top it off, it can also be used for productive tasks! There have been plenty of hints as to what can be expected from the new device and a lot of things to be excited about...
First off, users have a choice; the new tablet will be available in two models.
- The first will be NVIDIA based for the ultimate graphic experience and will run Windows RT allowing users to use Microsoft Software such as Word.
- The second is Intel based and will run the New Windows 8 Pro for a completely up-to-date experience.
- The screen itself is 10.6 inches and 16:9 widescreen. The display is bigger that Atom based net-books and beats the current tablet market by far with full HD. It is going to be a really useful device and opens itself up to a much wider market. The screen is really sophisticated with the ability to automatically change brightness in consideration of your surroundings. This model is 13.5mm thick and weighs 903g. The Windows RT version is 9.3mm thick and weighs 676g.
- The idea behind the Intel tablet is to allow you to do everything you need and everything that your laptop would allow you to do. There are plenty of new apps that come with Windows 8 as well to make it even better.
- When buying your new Surface tablet you can also choose from one of five touch covers for the ultimate typing experience. The keyboards are really sophisticated as we know touch keyboards.
- Both versions of Surface come with a camera at the front and on the back. They are reffered to by Microsoft as ‘life cam’ giving the user the ability to video chat, skype or take photos as they please.
- They don’t support 3G connections so there are no calling options but for the best usage plan; many SIM only deals are available for different mobiles. Check them out at the SIM Only web site.
- The casing is VaporMg which gives the tablet a really sleek look as well as a nice feel! Of course, it is also designed to protect what’s on the inside! It comes ready with a stand so you can stand your tablet up when on the move instead of putting it down on surfaces that might scratch your precious new device!
- There are a number of different storage models to suit user preference. You can also use a Micro SD card if you find that you need extra room after all. Choose from 32GB, 64GB or a massive 128GB.
- Your touch cover is sophisticated and fully functional as a keyboard and a track pad. The 3mm pressure sensitive cover is revolutionary and comfortable!
The Live Tiles which are new to Windows 8 and Surface are a really awesome feature. You can move them around as you please. They are in a formation that is kind of similar to the iPad, but have a lot to offer.
The new Microsoft Surface tablet is eagerly awaited and the reasons why speak for themselves! There is so much to love about the tablet already and so many more features that will be a surprise for sure. All you can do now is start saving up ready for its release in the near future!