I had shared quite a few helpful tips concerning Social Media, with us here On EdiTweaks, this is just another one, depending on the matters arising and Frequent questions been asked by our fans or other people across the web, especially Facebook.
As a Facebook Power user, as much as I grew over a thousand friends within my 2 years of joining the Social Network, I had to learn to keep my Facebook wall clean, nobody like seeing irrelevant stuffs all over a friend’s profile or Facebook Wall these days, this is because
1. I am personally, a neat guy 😉
2. I am a Blogger/Webmaster who had linked most of his works to his Facebook profile, it won’t seem professional if the new friends/clients who would probably check me or You out, start finding our walls messed up with unnecessary Tags, especially those Photo Tags, and unwanted/malicious Links, coming along with its notifications.
You find some of that really annoying right? Well, I do too.
That’s the aim of this post, here, I will be sharing with us, how to take Complete and Total control of what appears on your Facebook Wall, you can’t control your friends from tagging you, but you definitely can control what they tag you in, and choose if such can be allowed to appear on you wall.
1. Click on the Settings Engine -You should find the Engine Sign at the top right, if you are not using Facebook Graph Search, as we have in the Screenshot below
In other words, simply use this Link to go to your >> Profile Account Settings
2. Click on Timeline and Tagging–
3. Hover your mouse to – “How can I manage tags people add and tagging suggestions?”
click Edit and Enable it.
Wait few seconds for the settings to save, then go back to Facebook Home and we are done.
Now you are rest assured that Photo, status, links or whatever you’re tagged in won’t show on your Wall, Facebook will Notify you that you have been tagged as usual, but you’ll have to review the post first (photo, Link or status) that you were tagged in, and Accept or Decline whether it should appear on your Facebook wall.
Hope this was useful and helped you improve your Facebook Experience.
Do take a Second to Click the SHARE and LIKE button, or drop a comment if you have any questions or additions.
Happy Facebooking 🙂