The Aplus GV18 is a cool smartwatch I recently purchased last month. After unboxing it, I spent a few weeks with the gadget trying to see how well it performs so I’d probably review with you a few things about it, just incase you may like to own one too.
Before we dive into more photos and details I’d like us to know that this smart watch is loved by many people across the country as it’s not the over priced Samsung Galaxy Gear, although they seem similar, it has it’s own beauty and the gadget is produced by a different Chinese company.
Let’s quickly see a quick specification of the Aplus GV18 smartwatch:
KEY SPECIFICATIONS – APLUS GV18 SMART WATCH
- BRAND MODEL – Aplus GV18
- BATTERY – 550mAh
- CAMERA – 1.3MP
- STORAGE – RAM – 128M+ ROM – 64M
- CPU & PROCESSOR – MTK6260A / 533MHz
- FUNCTION – Music player, passometer, sleep tracker, message reminder, call reminder, dial and receive calls, remote control, push messaging/notification and 3D acceleration
- OTHERS – Micro SIM, sedentary reminder, sleep monitor, anti-lost and remote camera
From the Specs up there, I can assure us of some nice and basic things this smartwatch can do for you:
- Tell Time and Date (Foreign Calender included)
- Answer and Make Calls
- Send and Receive SMS
- It synchs with your smartwatch, messages and call logs etc.
- Play Music and Low resolution videos
- Radio FM (when connected to headphone via Bluetooth)
- Record Videos and Voice
- Anti-Lost (which will Alert you incase your phone is out of range when connected via Bluetooth)
- Pedometer which count how many calories you burn
- Heart rate monitor, Sleep and Walk monitor but, not much people do really use that right?
UNBOXING THE APLUS GV18 PACK, I found
- The GV18 Smart Watch
- A USB Cable for charging
- A User Manual
After wearing on the wrist, it feels comfortable, it may look quite bulky at first, but I got to adapt to the size after wearing it couple of times.
Unless you are used to wearing big watches already, you may not notice the big size of the smartwatch is quite obvious when you wear it.
AT THE TOP:
Right underneath the display is the speaker, I was a bit impressed with the speaker as it was loud and clear enough when playing Music or answering calls with the smartwatch.
AT THE BACK:
Still at the Back, you find SIM port (Micro-SIM sized), and memory card slot.
There’s nothing at the right side of the smartwatch.
At The Left side, you see Power/Wake-up button and the USB Port, for charging and file transfer, the data transfer works if you have Memory card inserted in it.
DISPLAY & USER INTERFACE:
The smart watch has 3 different time display modes or screensavers pictured below.