Infinix Hot 4 X557 is the latest model in the Hot series that was released late August 2016 by Infinix Mobility. The device is pretty awesome, sleek and durable, we even unboxed it few weeks back.
Today, we will show you how to easily install TWRP Recovery and Root your Infinix Hot 4 smartphone.
The device runs Android 6 (Marshmallow) pre-installed, although there may be possible upgrades to Android 7 (Nougat) for it anytime soon, go here for specifications and photos of the device.
- Now, let’s Root the Infinix HOT 4
First things first…
** Rooting voids the warranty of the device, you root it at your own risk (we won’t be responsible for any damages…blah blah blah). Don’t mind the precautions, it’s Nothing to worry about if you carefully follow steps.
**Most importantly, you must UNROOT the Hot 4 before installing any updates to avoid issues of bricking.
- A working USB Cable
- SP Flash Tool >> Download it Here
- VCOM Drivers – Downloading link and installation instruction, See this post to get VCOM drivers
- TWRP Recovery Image for Infinix Hot 4 >> Download it Here
- SuperSU-v2.76.zip >> Download Here
Installing TWRP Recovery and Root Infinix Hot 4 X557
1. Save the SuperSU 2.76.zip that you downloaded to your phone’s SD card
2. Unzip the TWRP zip file that you downloaded and flash the recovery image into the Hot 4 using the SP Flash Tool
We had posted a guide on how to flash TWRP on Infinix phones in this post. Make sure you read that and follow it carefully it.
3. Boot your phone into TWRP Recovery Mode (Press and hold the Vol Up and Power button simultaneously for 5 seconds)
4. In TWRP, if you get a prompt asking you to swipe to allow modification of the System partition, tap Keep Read Only
5. If TWRP offers to root the phone, select NO
6. In TWRP recovery, tap Install
7. Navigate to the location of the SuperSU 2.76.zip and select it
8. Swipe to confirm flashing of SuperSU.zip and wait till flashing is complete
9. After a successful flashing go back and reboot.
That’s all! Infinix Hot 4 rooted!
Download Root Checker from Play Store to verify your root privileges. After installing Root Checker, run it and you should get a success message after then.
Hope it worked for you, questions and testimonies are welcome in the comment section below.