Just a few days after rolling out beta 4 for developers, Apple has started releasing iOS 10 Beta 5 build for developers. The roll-out started a few hours ago, and it is now known that iOS 10 is coming in September, hence the frequent beta releases.
The latest beta build comes with a lot of improvements and fixtures in areas including:
- In-App purchases in the App Store.
- Bluetooth iMessage.
- iOS’ interaction with Apple TV.
- Phone and Wallet apps.
- iPhone 6S panicking when using its Smart Battery Case.
iOS 10 Beta 4 also comes with some tweaks in some of the functions in iOS, including:
- Photo app doing a new scan on launch due to its AI and facial recognition data being reset.
- Music Control center tweaked (how? Wait and see for yourself).
- Today now includes two new view tabs: Data and Day.
- Widgets now have darker backgrounds.
- Lock sound changed.
- Voicemail transcription now available on iPhone 6S, 6S Plus and iPhone SE, all with an English-speaking Siri.
Beta 5 also arrives with a new app, and it’s for kids. Swift Playgrounds is an apps with which kids can learn to code in a fun way.
However, some problems have not been fixed with the latest beta release, including:
- FaceTime calls between iPhones running iOS 10 Beta 5 and Macs running the latest macOS beta.
- Recently Played in For You not refreshing instantly in Apple Music.
- Notes quitting instantly upon launch.
- And other minor hiccups.
.If you are an Apple Developer and you are interested in iOS 10 Beta 5, you should already know where to get it by now.