Shout out to
fredmwaurak Of bbs Infinixmobility Forum for this tut.
For those of you who were having bootloop problems, the issue has been resolved. You can now download the ROM with guarantee of success!!!
After very many, many hours trying to perfect this ROM and clean out all bugs, I am proud to present to you MIUI 7 [5.9.17 – latest] for the Infinix X507. This particular one, has not been easy but I finally made it.
FOR MORE SCREENSHOTS: visit This imgur – MIUI 7 For Infinix Hot Screenshots
MIUI is still on Android KitKat OS so this is for those of you yet to upgrade to the lollipop firmware or you just love MIUI so much, like I do, enough to want to go back to KitKat for it.
I will present you with download link for the ROM. The download is a RAR file which in it, contains the ROM in zip form, the recovery you will be using, [PhilZ Recovery] [You can flash the recovery using either MTK Mobile Uncle Tools or SP Flash Tool, whichever you prefer] and a folder containing Next Launcher and the theme I am using just in case any of you want to use my exact theme. Both my Next Launcher and theme are Premium already paid for apps so you need not worry about ads and the likes.
I repeat, the ROM is bug free but if you encounter any bug, please let me know and I will work at fixing it ASAP.
1. Both SIM Cards working and both have 3G
2. Camera in perfect condition.
3. Battery life optimum.
4. No lags whatsoever.
5. Fully deodexed.
6. RAM usage low.
7. Playstore working [plus it comes with MIUI’s App Store]
8. SIM Toolkit working for both SIMs
How To Install
– Download the ROM from the following link MIUI_v7_5.9.17_Infinix_X507
1. Make a backup of your contacts to a vCard and have it somewhere external like your sdcard or pc.
You will import the vCard after you are done. You can use this app Contacts VCF.
2. Copy the downloaded files to your sdcard
3. Flash the recovery provided with the file. [You might get errors if you try to flash it with CWM or TWRP]
4. Boot into your recovery
5. Go to Backup and Restore and hit Backup to /sdcard
6. Go back and into Wipe and Format Options, scroll down to Clean to Install a New ROM and select that
7. When it’s done, select Install Zip and then choose zip and you can flash the zip you placed in your sdcard.
8. After it’s done and tells you script was successful, go back and go into Wipe and Format Options again but this time, select Wipe Cache
After that’s done, select Wipe Dalvik/ART Cache
9. Reboot your Infinix HOT.
CONGRATULATIONS: You are now running the latest MIUI on your INFINIX HOT!
TIPS AND GUIDELINES TO USING MIUI.
Before using MIUI, here are a couple of things you should know about it.
1. Before installing any apps, first of all go to Settings > Additional settings >Privacy > Device administration > Unknown sources and select allow.
2. MIUI already comes pre-rooted so no need to worry about rooting it. When you install an app that requires root access, find the app called Security, open it and you will find Permissions, go in it and there will be three options
a. Autostart –This is where you will select apps you want to autostart with the device, likethe launcher and the theme etc
b. Permissions– You can see what apps have what permissions and revoke them if necessary.
c. Root access– This is where you will come to grant your apps root access. If you open anapp that requires root access, just come here and grant it
NOTE: This is a ported ROM hence is unofficial. If you ever get a notification for an update, DON’T USE THE OTA update. It will get you Redmi Note 3G’s ROM [which is the base ROM of this port] and that will brick your phone if you do.
Again, if you encounter any problems or have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.