There are certain times when you may have a topic where you want to raise a Poll for people to VOTE, several reasons why you may need polls are where they are used for OPINIONS, CONTESTS OR COMPETITIONS, this feature is available on Blogger long time ago but you can only display voting polls on your blog’s Side bar, unlike WordPress where you can simply use a plugin to display the poll inside a blog post.
Well, today we will learn how to do that, we will see how we can display voting polls inside our blog posts just like WordPress, it is very easy.
Follow The Steps Below:
|Photo credit: bulksocialfanshop|
SECTION 1: CREATING YOUR POLL
1. Go to Your Blogger dashboard >> Layout >> Click Add Gadget
2. Scroll down To Poll and add it,
Create Your Question, Answer Options for the visitors to choose, and Period the voting will last, after That, hit Save. Use the screenshot below for references.
SECTION 2: PICKING THE WIDGET CODE.
1. Open your blog in another Tab after saving, the Poll Vote widget should be Displayed at your Side Bar or where ever you placed it.
2. Highlight the area where you created the Poll widget, right click, you’ll see Inspect element, click it, it opens a tool bar like the one in the screenshot below.
3. Next Step is to Find the widget code.
Again other browser tab, Go to your Blogger Template and click Edit HTML.
4. Simply Copy the code from the beginning of IFRAME Tag to its ending. i.e <iframe> </iframe>
5. Create the post where you want to use the poll vote, inside your post editor Click HTML and paste the iframe codes. It should look like this ==>
<iframe allowtransparency=”true” frameborder=”0″ height=”180″ name=”poll-widget4953808042263360046″ src=”https://www.google.com/reviews/polls/display/4953808042263360046/blogger_template/run_app?hideq=true&purl=http://free-editweaks.blogspot.com.ng/” style=”border: none; width: 100%;”></iframe>
Now, let’s test a Sample of this Poll Vote I made below:
VOTE YOUR SMARTPHONE OF THE YEAR
Nice discovery there. Thanks for sharing this bro
You are welcome boss Jide, great to see you here again 🙂
Thats totally cool bro. Kudos for sharing
love this post thumbs up