We’ll also talk about How you can perform the upgrades on your other various Infinix Models, like INFINIX HOT X507 and INFINIX ZERO 2, more on that later in this post.
However, we should know that each of these Lollipop roms are uniquely different for each model.
We already announced the Updates since August that Infinix Lollipop upgrades had been rolled out and already been on use but Beta versions were having few bugs which have been fixed in the recent ROM updates that we want to give you here now.
HOW TO UPGRADE INFINIX HOT NOTE TO LOLLIPOP
i.) Your PC (running Windows 7 or 8)
ii.) A working USB cable
iii.) Infinix Hot Note X551 Lollipop ROM File >> Download Infinix Hot Note X551 Lollipop Here.
OR Lollipop ROM file >> For Infinix Hot Note Pro (2GB+32GB version)
Extract the file to a folder on your computer after downloading.
iv.) VCOM Drivers, which you can DOWNLOAD HERE
v.) SP Flashtool >> DOWNLOAD THAT HERE
Install the softwares – ( iv.) and ( v.) above
Once you have all those 5 tools ready, you can proceed.
Hollup! just hollup, before we Continue…
* Enable USB Debugging mode by going to settings > Developer Options > Enable USB debugging **Upgrade/Flashing will Wipe your phone memory.
Please Ensure you remove your SDcard or Back Up the files your saved in your device’s Internal memory, especially Media files (Videos, Music) or whatever’s important, like your Contacts, you use this App to Backup your Contact , back them up by moving the Files to your PC or memory card and remove the Memory SD card if you use one in your Infinix Hot Note.
1. Be Sure your phone (Hot Note) is Still On and very well charged. Also “Unroot your phone” if it’s rooted, you can easily unroot with King Root App.
2. Go to where you Extracted your SP Flash Tool v5.1352.01, inside it, you’ll find the file name flash_tool.exe , right click and Run it as Administrator.
For the first time, it will bring a Window saying – The Scatter file cannot found, please make sure the file is exist before download.
Just ignore that by clicking OK.
3. Click SCATTER LOADING, this opens your folder. Navigate into the folder where you had extracted the Lollipop ROM file for Infinix Hot Note X551.
According to my screenshot, I saved my Rom in my Desktop.
Select the scatter file with name – MT6592_Android_scatter.txt
Wait till it completely loads up on the flash programs.
4. On the SP Flashtool, where you see Download only, click and change it to FIRMWARE UPGRADE
Use our Screenshot below for reference:
5. This is the tricky part, you’ll pass if you follow carefully.
*** Pick up the phone, it should be still ON at this stage >> Now plug the USB
On your Flashtool, Click DOWNLOAD icon, wait for some seconds… no worries, nothing happens here.
While it is still plugged in, Now Power OFF your Hot Note Device.
Seconds later, some readings will display on the SP flash tool.
6. Give it some time, Do NOT interrupt the process (well, unless you want to brick your device)
7. When the Process is Complete and successful, You’ll get a Green Check Mark saying Download OK in the Flashtool on your PC, now you can unplug your phone.
Power ON the device, Keep calm as this will take a while since it’s the first time.
When it’s finally On, Follow the Instructions on the Welcome message and we’re done!
Congrats! Your Infinix Hot Note now runs Android Lollipop 5.1
Lollipop upgrade for INFINIX HOT X507 and INFINIX ZERO 2 X509
This Detailed guide also works for upgrading INFINIX HOT X507 and INFINIX ZERO 2.
All you Need to do is get the “Correct” Lollipop ROM for your Model, then come back here and follow this Complete guide On how to Apply the upgrade.
More updates will be rolled out via OTA as you use the Lollipop OS fix bugs or improve user experience.
- **Updated 2016** DOWNLOAD << Latest Infinix Zero 2 Android 5.1 Lollipop XUI OS Update
DOWNLOAD LOLLIPOP 5.1 ROM >> FOR INFINIX INFINIX ZERO 2 X509
As a matter of Fact, this Procedure is Quite Easy after all, and very similar to the One we used to Fix a Samsung Galaxy A3.
Thumbs up to members of the Infinix BBS forum and one of our good friends, Samuel of TechsNG for their initial efforts in discussing this upgrade and fixing other issues on Infinix smartphones, you also can visit those guys if you have any issues with your Infinix device.
Meanwhile, pls Drop your Comments Or Questions below, we’ll be willing to help with Answers anyway we can.